Job title: (Long Term Opening) Clinical Laboratory Technologist
The licensed Clinical Lab Technologist will perform clinical laboratory testing by following standard operating procedure (SOP) and quality assurance/quality Control (QA/QC) system under general and technical supervision. The successful candidate will become an important team member for RT-PCR and other molecular diagnostic services.
- California Clinical Laboratory Scientist (CLS), or Clinical Genetic Molecular Biologist Scientist, or other equivalent California State license is required.
- Have earned a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in molecular biology, genetics, or related field.
- Experience in a clinical setting with hands-on involvement in PCR and molecular/genetics testing is preferred.
- Manual bench PCR, RNA extraction and NGS experience highly preferred.
- Perform DNA extraction from various specimen types.
- Perform complex procedures include qPCR, RT-PCR and NGS library prep for sequencing services and diagnostic tests.
- Correctly verifies that the proper specimen is being analyzed for the appropriate patients and that the appropriate test is being performed.
- Performs quality control procedures to ensure accuracy of clinical data.
- Validates test results through correlation with test parameters and QC metrics.
- Confirms testing on abnormal values to ensure accuracy prior to releasing of results.
- Performs preventative maintenance and troubleshooting on instruments and equipment.
- Adheres to the laboratory’s quality control policies, document all quality control activities, instrument and procedural calibrations and maintenance performed.
- Identifies issues that may adversely affect test performance or the reporting of test results and addresses the same.
- Documents all corrective actions taken when test systems deviate from the laboratory’s established performance specifications.
- Understands safety procedures relating to a laboratory to include handling of infectious biological agents as well as potentially hazardous chemicals; appropriate hazardous clean up procedures; universal precautions and infection control procedures.
- Performs other duties as necessary. Assist in new product/process development, to optimize and validate assay performance and improve laboratory processes. Work as part of a multi-disciplinary scientific team to implement experimental and manufacturing plans and achieve project goals; Communicate results of experiments with colleagues
Compensation and Benefits:
This is a full-time position. Apostle offers competitive compensation and benefits package which includes salary, healthcare insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance. Paid time off.
Apostle is a provider of innovative technologies and services for public health and life sciences.
North America-United States-CA-San Jose
Website: www.apostledx.com; www.apostlebio.com
Job Types: Full-time
How to apply
Please send an email to: email@example.com